I use this site as my personal recipe book. Which is why I was surprised that this recipe wasn’t already on here. I have been making this for too many years to remember. I often make this cinnamon roll bundt cake around Christmas time. It serves as a dessert, or for our Christmas morning breakfast.
Cinnamon Roll Bundt Cake
This post contains affiliate links, see my disclosure policy for more information.
You can use any recipe for cinnamon rolls you like, use your favorite one. I have never tried using Pillsbury cinnamon rolls so I can’t say if they would work or not, but I don’t see why not, as long as you watch how long you bake them.
I have included my recipe for cinnamon rolls here too, and instructions on baking them as well because they are great on their own too.
Making Cinnamon Roll Bundt Cake
After mixing all the dough ingredients together, and letting it rise in a warm place for an hour, you get the fun of rolling out your dough, this is the only part I don’t like doing, and usually in list in my husband to do for me, as he is the one that typically wants me to make this in the first place. You gotta work for it honey!
I always melt my butter and then spread it over the dough with a pastry brush because it’s easier. Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon over the melted butter.
Roll them up, and slice them. I use my bread knife which keeps my cinnamon rolls in a nice shape and not flattened on the bottom.
Line them up on a cookie sheet to rise for another half hour in a warm place. Preheat your oven for 350.
Grease your bundt pan really well, you don’t want these to stick. Start lining your rolls around your pan.
Bake for 15 minutes until the cinnamon rolls are brown, you want to make sure they are cooked through. Let them sit for a few minutes before carefully flipping your bundt pan over onto a plate and gently shaking to get the cinnamon rolls to release from the pan.
Let them cool a bit, but all the way. While they are still a bit warm but no longer hot, spread your frosting, or cream cheese or what have you over the top.
- stand mixer
Cinnamon Roll Dough
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk warmed
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 3 tbsp margarine melted
- 1 tbsp white sugar for using to active yeast
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
Cinnamon Roll Sugar Filling
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 6 tbsp butter melted
Cinnamon Roll Dough
- Warm milk in the microwave milk for 45-60 seconds. It should be warm but not hot to the touch.
- Place milk into the bowl of your standing mixer, then add 1 TBS sugar and 1 TBS yeast to the warm milk. Stir and let it sit for five minutes or until it becomes foamy.
- Add the ½ cup sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla to the mixture in the bowl of your standing mixer. Use a dough hook to stir until combined.
- Add 4 cups flour, salt and cinnamon and stir the dough hook, starting on low and increasing to high.
- Knead dough in the standing mixer until a large ball is formed. The dough should be smooth and only slightly tacky to the touch. If the dough seems too sticky and is not forming a ball, add more flour 1 TBS at a time until a smooth ball is formed.
- Grease a large bowl and place the dough inside.Cover the bowl with a warm, damp towel and put the bowl in a warm place to rise.
- Let the dough rise in a warm place about 1 hour or until dough has doubled in size.
Assemble Cinnamon Rolls
- Sprinkle a large work surface with flour. Roll the dough into a 24×12” rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Melt butter. Mix together brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Spread butter over dough with a pastry brush, and then sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over the dough. This way is so easy.*
- Roll up dough cut into 12 equal sized rolls (feel free to measure and cut each roll to be 2” long).
- Line them up on either a grease cookie sheet or a cookie sheet lined with parchment button. Give them space to rise.
- Cover and place in a warm place for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350.
If Making Cinnamon Rolls
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Check them often.
- Once baked add a cream cheese or icing topping while they are still a bit warm.
If Making Cinnamon Roll Bundt Cake
- Grease you bundt cake pan really well.
- Move your cinnamon rolls from the cookie sheet where they were rising and start placing them in your bundt pan, over lapping the row below.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. The top cinnamon rolls should be quite brown, so bake for a few more minutes if needed.
- Let rest for a few minutes before flipping upside down onto a plate or cake stand.
- While they are still warm spread frosting of some kind over the top and down the sides.