I’m sharing another muffin recipe with you because we love how easy they are to grab and go in the mornings around here. These ones are healthy banana, chocolate oatmeal, yum! We grab them before sitting down to our read aloud, which is how we start our school mornings, Hubby can grab one on the way out the door for work.
Healthy Banana Chocolate Oatmeal Muffins
*This post contains affiliate links, see my disclosure policy for more information.*
My first comment has to be, I only had regular semi sweet chocolate chips, and I wanted smaller pieces so I threw them into my little food processor. Best choice. It gave a consistent chocolate through the muffin, plus I sprinkled a little over the tops, delicious.
These are simple to make. Very quick, so quick I didn’t take any photos during the making process.
Simply toss and mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Either line your muffin tin with liners, or grease your muffin tin. If you use liners, give them a spray with non-stick spray. These are very sticky
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked quick oats
- 1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unpacked brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp table salt
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- 8fl ozplain unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat 12 muffin holes with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, milk, oats, vanilla extract and egg; set aside 5 minutes for oats to soften and then stir in banana.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir flour mixture into yogurt mixture to moisten ingredients (do not beat - the dough will be very thick). Reserve 1 tablespoon chips; stir in remaining chips.
- Spoon batter by heaping tablespoons into prepared muffin holes; sprinkle each with a few reserved chocolate chips. Bake until golden brown and a tester inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, about 15 to 18 minutes.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Forgetful Momma is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through ForgetfulMomma.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.