Fall weather is in the air and I have dug my slow cooker out from under my cupboard. After all it makes meals while I am homeschooling my kids with very little help from me once it gets going. This slow cooker chicken stew is perfect for busy fall days.
Slow Cooker Chicken Stew
*This post contains affiliate links, see my disclosure policy for more information.*
This started off as needing to get something started for a day spent working on our house. Because we have harvested a lot of from our garden already we had an abundance of fresh vegetables to use for this, which was great, because I forgot to pick up chicken last week and need something to fill us up after a busy day.
This is super easy to make, and perfect for making for busy days or even just homeschool days.
Toss some chicken breasts, diced potatoes, and diced carrots into your slow cooker. Add chicken bouillon and water, salt and pepper to taste. Set your slow cooker to low for 6 hours or high for 3.
An hour before serving add in green beans, and corn.
Mix together melted butter and flour, over heat or not, and slowly mix into your slower 20 minutes before serving.
This chicken stew is delicious, filling and warm in your belly. Add some fresh rolls to make it even better.
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 5 potatoes, diced,
- 5 carrots, diced
- 3 cups of water
- 2 tbsp chicken bouillon
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup green beans
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 4 tbsp flour
- Toss some chicken breasts, diced potatoes, and diced carrots into your slow cooker. Add chicken bouillon and water, salt and pepper to taste. Set your slow cooker to low for 6 hours or high for 3.
- An hour before serving add in green beans, and corn.
- Mix together melted butter and flour, over heat or not, and slowly mix into your slower 20 minutes before serving.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Forgetful Momma is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through ForgetfulMomma.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.