Shepard’s pie is a favorite meal for my kids and I. Hubby, not so much. So this is something special just for my kids and I, and they alone can clean the casserole dish full. It’s not a horribly hard dish to make, just a little bit of time. This tends to be more of a supper than a lunch.
BBQ Shepard’s Pie
*This post contains affiliate links, see my disclosure policy for more information.*
As I said, this is super simple to make. Boil potatoes, whether with skins on or off, that is up to you. Brown your ground beef with some thinly diced onion.
Once your grown beef is cooked, drain off any fat. Return to the frying pan, return to low heat and add about a cup of BBQ sauce. Simmer.
Once potatoes are cooked through, drain off the water and mash! I use a bit of butter in my mashed potatoes to add some flavor and to make for easier mashing.
Add your ground beef into a casserole dish, leveling it out and covering the bottom, top with mashed potatoes making sure to cover all the ground beef bottom.
We like to sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese, a little cheddar cheese and some bacon bites over the top… but that’s just us. You don’t have too, but it definitely doesn’t hurt.
Broil until the cheese melt and the potato goes golden. I use low to avoid burning.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.