Are you planning for the holidays yet? I really don’t think that there is such thing are planning ahead too early, it can not only keep you from feeling like you need to rush, but can also help you save money for your Christmas shopping, and from spending too much. My go to is the clearance section of stores like Walmart. Barbies and Lego end up there for amazing prices, and I know my kids will love them no matter what time of year I buy them.
10+ Ways to Save Money for Christmas Shopping
- Cut the cable bill
- Cut the phone bill
- Cut the cell phone bill
- Turn lights and appliances off when not in use
- Turn the heat down a degree or two
- Sell items that are no longer used
- Walk instead of driving if local
- Reduce waste.
- Meal plan – planning out what your meals will be can stop you from eating out or picking up something more expensive for a last minute meal.
- Borrow or rent instead of buying. Example: video games – we borrow them from the library
- Make and take you own coffee instead of hitting up StarBucks
- Maybe instead of eating out a couple nights a week, you have a healthier family meal at home. For our family of it can cost an easy $50 to eat out, and I know I can make a lot of meals for $50.
- If you are a big reader, check out your local library or Amazon’s ebook service, Kindle Unlimited, where you can choose from over 180,000 titles.
It might seem a bit extreme to cut services, and if it is a service that you genuinely use, then DON’T cut it. Think about areas of your life that you can cut back – like cutting back on Starbucks coffee.
Take a look at your budget and see where you can save money for your Christmas shopping this holiday season.