When you are working so hard to eat healthy and all you want is chocolate, yup, that’s me. “I want chocolate and I want chocolate right now, everyone out of my way!” That’s basically what lead to me making the latest batch chocolate chip muffins. I also have a delicious coffee chocolate chip muffin recipe, but this muffin recipe is my favorite!
If you are in the mood for some other snack, or maybe you think supper before snacking is a good idea, you can check out some of the great ones in my recipe box, where you’ll also find these chocolate chip muffins for later.
Chocolate Chip Muffins
*This post contains affiliate links, see my disclosure policy for more information.*
This muffin recipe is super simple to make, making it perfect for helping hands.
The simple version of this recipe is: Add all ingredients together, minus the chocolate chips and mix well.
I like to cream together my oil and sugar, then add in eggs and mix that together for at least a minute before continuing to add the remain ingredients. The batter is very thick. Once mixed thoroughly, fold in your chocolate chips. Scoop your batter into well grease muffin tins, or use cupcake liners.
Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes. My muffins below were in for 15 minutes.
These beautiful, tasty chocolate chip muffins popped out of the muffin tin easily. And popped into waiting hands and mouths just as easily.
*I make this recipe two different ways. I like to sometimes use unsweetened apple sauce in place of the oil. It makes them slightly heavier, and healthier. My Hubby will not eat them if I used applesauce, but my kids and I still love them.
- 11/2 c flour
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c unsweetened applesauce or canola oil
- 1/4 c milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 c chocolate chips
- The simple version of this recipe is: Add all ingredients together, minus the chocolate chips and mix well.
- I like to cream together my butter and sugar, then add in eggs and mix that together for at least a minute before continuing to add the remain ingredients. The batter is very thick.
- Once mixed thoroughly, fold in your chocolate chips. Scoop your batter into well grease muffin tins, or use cupcake liners.
- Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes. My muffins below were in for 15 minutes.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.