I have become a huge fan of meals being ready in 30 minutes or less. This Spanish rice is another great one for the list! I’m adding it to our list of favorite 30 minute meals along with eggroll skillet and skillet mac and beef.
Thanks to this Spanish rice recipe, I can feed my family a great meal, without them getting stuck with cereal, or perhaps goldfish… because that’s never happened before.
Spanish Rice Ready in 30 Minutes
*This post contains affiliate links, see my disclosure policy for more information.*
Brown your ground beef in a skillet with a lid, drain the fat. Add in your diced onions, and seasonings.
Add in your rice, tomato paste, water, and diced tomatoes. Mix well, you don’t want to bit into a clump of tomato paste. Cover for 5 minutes, or until rice is cooked.
Ready in 30 minutes. Making it perfect for those busy nights or maybe like me, those evenings that I forget to make supper for my family.
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup long grain white rice
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes with juice
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp of balasmic vinegar
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook until ground beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef as you cook.
- Add onion, peppers, garlic, ground beef, dry mustard, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Add tomato paste, add canned tomatoes with juice, water, Worcestershire sauce and balasmic vinegar Add in rice.
- Stir, cover and simmer for 5 minutes covered.
- If you are using the cheese, sprinkle on top for last few minutes of cooking time with lid on.
Similar posts that you might be interested in: