I like making up dump meals for my slow cooker, meals that are ready to be dumped into my slow cooker, meaning I need to brown my ground beef ahead of time. I started using my slow cooker to get the job done quickly and all at once.
Browning Ground Beef in Your Slow Cooker
*This post contains affiliate links, see my disclosure policy for more information.*
I buy the largest package of ground beef at my Costco, bring it home and dump it in my slow cooker. Why? Because it saves so much time when I go to make a batch of freezer slow cooker dump meals, I don’t have to dirty every frying pan in the house, I also don’t have to stand over a hot stove.
I have a large 7qt slow cooker, so I dump the whole package in. Make sure to break up your ground beef. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 8 hours.
Once it is cooked through, because I like my ground beef to be finer I’ll use my potato masher to break it up easily.
I find my ground beef is a lot less greasy later on after cooking it in the slow cooker. See all that gross greasy on top?
We have a tiny little kitchen sink that is useless with the exception that my large colander fits perfectly in it. I dump all the ground beef into the colander for the grease to drain off, plus I rinse it off with warm water.
After your ground beef cools, you can bag it up to freeze for cooking later, or bag it in dump meals as I do.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.