As moms of any kind – stay/work-at-home, working outside the home, homeschooling, etc, quick meals that are easy to clean are the best, this chicken fajita pasta skillet is the best. Not only is it quick and easy to clean up, but you’re getting all the food groups in there too. I’m a big fan of skillet meals now because they tend to be quick and they have easy clean up. A huge hit with my kids is our eggroll skillet, add a little plum sauce and enjoy.
And for whatever reason, pasta seems to be a huge hit with all kids! Everyone loves carbs though right?
Grab some beautiful peppers and enjoy this healthy chicken fajita pasta in 30 minutes.
Chicken Fajita Pasta Skillet
*This post may contain affiliate links, see my disclosure policy for more information.*
Once your chicken is just cooked, remove from your skillet, it will get cooked more soon so try not to over cook it. Add a little oil and your sliced peppers, garlic, onions and remaining fajita seasoning and cook until tender, about 2 minutes.
Once your veggies are tender stir in tomatoes, 1 cup of chicken broth, and uncooked pasta. Cover and let it boil gently until pasta is cooked, about 15 minutes. (Aren’t those peppers and onions beautiful?)
Once your pasta is cooked, add your chicken back into the skillet and let it heat through.
[bctt tweet=”A healthy chicken #fajita in one dish, easy clean up for a busy day. #recipe” username=”forgetfulmomma”]
While it’s still hot, serve this chicken fajita pasta with a little shredded cheese of your choice on top, we used cheddar as that’s what we had on hand.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, towel dried, and cut into bite-size portions
- 3 TB fajita seasoning, homemade or store bought packet, divided in half
- 4 TB olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 bell peppers, any colors seeded and diced
- 5 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can, 10 oz diced tomatoes with juices
- 8 oz dry pasta
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large heavy pan heat 2 tbsp oil over high heat until oil is hot. Add chicken and half the seasoning, tossing to coat well. Spread chicken in a single layer and let cook undisturbed for about 1 min, or until browned on bottom side. Flip chicken over and repeat until both sides are browned. Remove chicken to a large bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tbsp oil to the pan over high heat. Once oil is hot, add the onions, bell peppers, and garlic, along with remaining half of seasoning. Stir well to coat; stir often and cook until veggies are tender, 2 min.
- Add broth, tomatoes with all its juices, and dry pasta to the same pan. Bring liquid to a boil and immediately reduce to a low boil. Cover and let cook for 15 min. until pasta is cooked. Liquid should be mostly absorbed. When pasta is cooked, add the chicken back to the same pan. Add freshly ground black pepper to taste. Stir to combine and heat through.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g