ECK! It’s the end of March everyone can you believe it? I’m having a hard time believing it. This month has been crazy! Birthdays and Easter in one month is just not okay. Austin turned 7, I turned 30, there was way too much cake in this house in a short one week span of time.
For Austin’s party with her friends I made a chocolate and vanilla cake. Her theme was PINK. Everything was pink: her cake, her dress, the decorations, you name it, and I found it in pink for her. Thank you dollar stores!
[bctt tweet=”A simple cake mix is the best. Especially when you make it from scratch. #recipe #vanillacake”]
But here is the recipe I use for the vanilla.
Vanilla Cake from Scratch
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup vanilla
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Cream together eggs and sugar, mix for a couple minutes.
- Add in butter, vanilla and baking power.
- Add in flour and milk, mix thoroughly.
- For cake - use two 9x9 pans and bake for 30-40 minutes until set in the center and the toothpick comes out clean.
- For cupcakes - fill 3/4 full and bake for 20-25 minutes until the toothpick comes out clean.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g