There are nights that I just don’t want to cook for my family. I still love them and food, but I just don’t have it in me to cook supper. This where my simple chicken and veggies meal comes in handy, or where Hubby comes in handy and makes something like this: Cheeseburger Casserole.
Keep scrolling for this week’s Tasty Tuesday linky.
The great thing about this meal? You can load it full of vegetables for your kids to eat.
Add in some of the usually cheeseburger toppings: ketchup, mustard.
Add in your diced tomatoes.
Add in cooked pasta. Dump it into your casserole dish, top with cheese. Bake for about 15 minutes, until the cheese has melted. Sprinkle diced pickle over the top and serve.
- 2 cups (6 ounces) uncooked rotini pasta (spiral pasta)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 4-5 large Roma tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups low fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup dill pickles, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Boil the pasta in a large pot according to packaged directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, warm the oil. Add the onion and saute until onions are transparent. Add the garlic and stir about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Stir in the ground beef and fully cook through until brown. If using 95% lean ground beef, there is no need to drain. But if you are using a less fat version, drain the fat and return to the stove.
- Stir in the seasoned salt, ketchup and mustard until well combined. Add the chopped tomatoes. Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 2 minutes or until the mixture is thickened.
- Add the cooked and drained noodles to the meat and stir well. Pour into the prepared baking pan and evenly sprinkle the cheese across the top. Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes or until cheese has melted. Remove from the oven and slightly cool before serving. Top with chopped dill pickle.
We have a new co-host for the month of March!
Melissa from The Happy Idiot will be sharing this party on her blog every Tuesday in March and also helping pin any recipes that are linked up past #125!
We would ask you to please follow her on one of her social medias!
FACEBOOK * TWITTER * PINTEREST * INSTAGRAM
Thank you, Melissa, for joining us in March to co-host this party.
If you would like to be a co-host for this party, please email Tammy at email@example.com. You would post this party every Tuesday at 7 am Central Time and include an original recipe, a round-up of recipes, or your favorite features from this party along with the link-up. We also may need your help pinning up to 25 recipes to our party board every week.
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Danielle from Creatively Homespun (Blog)**
**Ashley from Forgetful Momma (Blog)**
**Audrey from That Recipe (Blog)**
**Dina from Savvy in the Kitchen**
**Maria from Maria Magdalena Living Ideas (Blog)**
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.