As a blogger I understand the importance of understanding code. Knowing what is written in the “back end” of my website. But it isn’t just for blogging, its for the way the world is going. Everything is computers now.
If I want to sell something, I can create a website, to look exactly as I image, if I know how to code it. There is so much out there on the world wide web for our children, keeping internet safety in mind, so why not let them create a world for themselves.
[bctt tweet=”If I tell my kids I don’t know something, they tell me to Google it.”]
One of the most popular games for children right now is Minecraft, teaching children how to code in a fun, engaging way.
Reasons Why Kids Should Learn to Code
- Ideas will become reality. If they can dream it, they can build it with a computer!
- Code is one of the world’s most used languages. Across the world, coders are using the same language to build websites and programs for others to use.
- Kids learn faster when they are young.
- Coding encourages critical thinking and problem solving.
- Open your child to possibilities. With coding experience, kids can apply for computer science internships and jobs.
About Youth Digital’s Mod Design program
One great way for kids to learn how to code is using Youth Digital’s Mod Design program. The mission of this program, and all of Youth Digital’s programs, is to empower kids to create with technology. Minecraft kids will learn to modify the game with this year-long online course that teaches kids programming with Java™. Code their own Minecraft mod from start to finish and watch as the end result becomes a unique, shareable Minecraft mod that they built from scratch.
- For Minecraft kids ages 8 to 13
- Kids learn at their own pace
- Lessons are easy to follow (minimum adult help needed)
- Students must already have Minecraft for PC or Mac
Youth Digital’s courses are available at a discount on Educents.com.