There is nothing a full cooked meal in my slow cooker. Throw everything into the pot, turn it on and walk away. Coming back to a fully cooked, full meal.
My biggest tip, and biggest fault using my slow cooker is: remembering to plug it in. Yup, that simple. Thankfully I’m usually home anyways when I use it so I catch it pretty quickly.
I am eating more and more veggies, and with me eating it, my kids (and hubby) are eating more veggies too.
Brookland likes to claim that she doesn’t like broccoli, but she sure eats it up quickly.
Slow Cooker Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice
*This post may contain affiliate links. You can learn more about them in my disclosure policy.*
Diced carrots, chopped broccoli dropped into the bottom. Top with chicken breast. I use frozen, both broccoli (usually) and chicken. This was made with fresh broccoli only because I had it on hand.
Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
After 6-7 hours, turn off your slow cooker. Remove the chicken and stir in your rice, replace the chicken and top with the remaining cheese.
Let it be for about 10 minutes or until rice is cooked, and the cheese is melted. Give the rice a little stir before serving.
This is such a simple meal. The taste is amazing. Definitely going to be making this again in the future!
- 1½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese (about 6 ounces)
- 2 can (10½ ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1½ cups Swanson® Chicken Broth or Swanson® Chicken Stock
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1½ cups uncooked instant rice
- 6 chicken breast - boneless
- Stir 1 cup cheese, soups and broth in a medium bowl.
- Place the broccoli and carrots into a 5-quart slow cooker. Top with the chicken. Pour the soup mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the cooker. Turn off the cooker. Stir in the rice and top with the chicken. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until the rice is tender and the cheese is melted. Stir the rice mixture before serving