This chicken and rice skillet is quick, 30 minutes tops! Perfect for those nights when you have a lot going on, maybe you forgot to get supper started or you need to be somewhere after supper. It’s full of flavor and filling.
An added bonus of the 30 minute meal is that it is cooked in one skillet. Similar to a few other favorites we have such the skillet mac and beef, chicken, broccoli and pasta skillet, and apple and chicken skillet.
Chicken and Rice Skillet
*This post may contain affiliate links. For more information see my disclosure policy.*
All you need is:
- chicken breast
- cream of soup – I make and use my own
Start by drizzling oil in a skillet, heat, add and cook chicken thoroughly and browned on the outside.
Remove the chicken from the skillet. Pour in 1 1/2 cups of water and a can of soup, 1/4 tsp paprika, some salt and pepper too if you’d like, mix it all together and bring to a boil.
While it’s boiling, scrap up any stuck/burnt on pieces, this will increase flavor.
Stir in 2 cups of instant rice, lower heat. Cook for a few minutes.
After cooking rice for a few minutes add the chicken back in.
This chicken and rice skillet is very delicious. Perfect the way it is, especially for adults.
However, when it came to giving it to the kids, I wished I had either cut it into strips or bite sized pieces before cooking the kitchen. Just to make it that much easier to serve to them. Plus when cooking the chicken in bite sized piece or strips the chicken will cook faster and pick up more flavor while cooking.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1¼ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 can condensed cream of soup
- 1½ cups water
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Stir the soup, water, paprika and black pepper in the skillet and heat to a boil. Stir in the rice and broccoli. Reduce the heat to low. Return the chicken to the skillet. Sprinkle the chicken with additional paprika and black pepper. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked though.