There are somethings that I had happily forgotten about being pregnant. So I guess it’s partly true that in order to do it all over again you have to forget somethings. I’m sure these are different for every woman and/or pregnancy.
- Random nausea and sickness. My first two pregnancies I knew what my triggers were, this time it is completely random.
- Sore boobs. Yup, I forgot how sore they got, putting on a bra is a whole new adventure.
- Exhaustion. I forgot about it. I really did. What made me think I could chase a preschooler and toddler while pregnant and my head in a bucket? Not to forget the insomnia, I am awake for 2-3 hours in the middle of night, most nights.
- How often I need to pee.
- How hard it is to brush my teeth… it makes me vomit, which starts a nasty cycle. I may have a cavity now too.
- How emotional I am. I’m an emotional person anyway but add pregnancy hormones in and watch out. I cry over everything!
I miss our old town in SK = crying. Need to find a bigger place to live = crying. Need to clean the house = crying.
It’s a good thing I love feeling the baby moving, and can’t wait to cuddle him or her. And spend all day and all night awake taking care of my kids. Lack of sleep is worth it when you have a tiny baby to cuddle, laying awake in the middle of the night – not so much.
What do you miss about pregnancy? Or not miss?