Ok, I’m here. I had to literally put the cookies down walked away, to my laptop, to write about, yes that’s right, Lemon Cookies. I try so hard to not make cookies because they are too easy to pig out on. At least for me. Austin now asks in the mornings after cookies have been made if there are any left, not can she have one but if there are any left. Basically she is asking if Momma ate them all.
*This post contains affiliate links, see my disclosure policy for more information.*
Start by mixing butter, eggs and sugar together. I start all recipes this way. No idea why, maybe my mother does? Cream them together well using the flat beater with your mixer.
Add lemon juice, salt and baking powder. I love watching the chemical reactions when baking/cooking. Great science lessons for little ones too.
Add flour and mix completely.
My second batch into the oven I used a fork to flatten a little. By the way, I do this every single time. First batch is a little uncooked, the second batch is perfect. I tend to make the first disappear, warm cookie dough is OK with me.
Bake at 350 for 12- 15 minutes. A little golden around the edges and on the bottom. Yum.
Now back to eating cookies before the little ones get up and expect me to share.
- ½ cup soften margarine/butter
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2½ cups flour
- Start by mixing butter, eggs and sugar together. I start all recipes this way. No idea why, maybe my mother does? Add lemon juice, salt and baking powder.
- Add flour and mix completely.
- Make your cookies small, they aren't going to fluff up or spread out.
- Bake at 350 for 12- 15 minutes. A little golden around the edges and on the bottom.
Similar posts that you may be interested in: