If you happened to catch my blog, Facebook and Google + post Saturday night you know I was desperate to save my cloth diapers.
Saturday while my parents were visiting I changed B’s diaper only to have her soaked within 15-20 minutes. Odd, clean diaper nice and snug. I changed her and found a very dry insert. I ran water over the pocket, it repelled. I tried another clean one and got the same results.
Everything went into the wash with some Dawn. Thankfully I have some Walmart flats and covers for emergencies like this. I did a hot washed, rinsed, rinsed, rinsed and rinsed again, if not more. Still repelling. Added a hot rinse. Used vinegar in rinses.
I did another hot wash with a hot rinse. Scrubbed them by hand in hot water with a drop of Dawn. I washed and rinsed so many times I lost count. I was worried. This is what my diapers were doing: