Some Sunday’s call for lazy days, and fatty foods, it’s just the way things go, we’ll call it balance. But when paired with a cup of coffee, this coffee cake make it all perfect. And this cake does make it perfect.
To make it even, take it to a friends for coffeeor invite them over, this way you don’t eat the whole thing yourself. Because you will want to. Just like I always want to eat all the coffee cake muffins when I make them.
Apple Coffee Cake with Crumble Topping & Brown Sugar Glaze
Start by preheat oven at 350, grease baking dish.
I throw everything but the apples into a large bowl and use my mixer on med-high until completely mixed and then fold in the apples. Pour into greased pan.
When mixing the crumble, use a fork and work it until it resembles coarse crumbs, sprinkle over cake. It takes a bit of working to get it.
Bake for 40 minutes.
Mix the glaze ingredients until smooth, drizzle over cake once the cake has cooled down quite a bit. Let it harden slightly, if you can wait that long. It is amazing cold, but even better served warm
I personally prefer to leave the glaze off it… I find it almost too sweet, and let’s face it, it’ not the healthiest cake.
- ½ cup of butter/margarine, melted
- 1½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups of peeled, chopped apple
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp softened butter/margarine
- ½c brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat oven at 350, grease baking dish. I throw everything but the apples into a large bowl and use my mixer on med-high until completely mixed and then fold in the apples. Pour into greased pan.
- Mix until it resembles coarse crumbs, sprinkle over cake. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Mix until smooth, drizzle over cake. Let it harden slightly and serve warm. ENJOY!