July 7, 2014 in Family, Sponsored Post
I cannot believe that it has been seven years since I met Hubby. Then again, I cannot believe its been only seven years since I met Hubby. At times it seems like we just met yesterday and at other times it seems like we have been together forever. I know you all feel the same way about your spouse/partner, at least I hope so, you know, so I’m not alone.
We met on July 7, 2007 (7/7/07) which was suppose to be lucky? It wasn’t planned that way, just a Saturday that I wasn’t working and we could all get together. It was a blind date. Meeting at a mutual friends house before heading out to play pool. By the way, I don’t play pool, at all. I hadn’t played in a couple years, and I haven’t played since. After playing pool, we all went back to the friends for a few hours. It was late by the time we all headed home.
Read the rest of this entry →
July 3, 2014 in Family, Sponsored Post
Where the heck has the time gone?! Summer is here! ALREADY! I can’t believe it. It seems like yesterday I was shoveling snow out of the driveway and now I’m covering every inch of my kids in sunscreen. I guess it is time to get our summer plans in motion.
This year we aren’t heading home to Nova Scotia for a visit instead my mother and father-in-law, aunt and uncle (in-law) are traveling out at the end of July to visit for the first time.
I can’t wait to see the girls’ excitement when they get here. Austin is already making plans for what she wants to do with Gramma and Grandpa while they are here.
- visit the playground
- visit the library
- go to the pool
- shopping of course, my girl loves Cabela’s
- share some kinder eggs with Gramma and of course play with the new toys they get from the Kinder eggs
There are some other places we’re hoping to visit such as: Read the rest of this entry →
July 2, 2014 in Family, health, Sponsored Post
This summer is the first year I’ve had to buy baby sunscreen. The girls were too young for it. I spent at least 15 minutes, if not more, in the sunscreen section of our Walmart. I stared at the options, read labels and finally made my choice. Aveeno Baby Sunscreen Lotion.
Aveeno is a name I trust, and have used for years on myself.
Aveeno Baby Sunscreen Lotion is uniquely formulated to protect baby’s delicate skin from the sun while gently caring for skin. Featuring, effective broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection, AVEENO® BABY Sunscreen Lotion SPF 55 also contains skin-soothing colloidal oatmeal sourced from nature. Water resistant and non-greasy, this fragrance-free formula helps prevent moisture loss while protecting baby’s skin.
Read the rest of this entry →
July 1, 2014 in Family, health, Writing
In the last couple months I moved up from a small travel bag to this lovely pink make up box that I have had for years. I always just used it to hold my “woman’s stuff” tampons, pads, etc. It’s amazing how little is needed once I switched to the Lunette (Oh, TMI! Sorry.)
I have been buying CoverGirl products since I started buying make up, at least 13 years now. I trust the quality of it, and know that when I’m buying something that its what I want.
I do have a few things in here that are not CoverGirl, because I got them from a couple month subscription boxes I had tried.
- Lip gloss – one from Julep - this my favorite, I love the color and texture on my lips. One from Wantable – not my fave
- Eye shadow – one from Wantable, some CoverGirl, something else over on the edge that should probably be thrown out
- Lipstick – Wantable. I am not a person to wear lipstick, but I really liked this one from . It lasts, I didn’t end up chewing it off, and the color is great too
- Foundation – CoverGirl – two powder shades – one for summer and fall one for winter and spring; one liquid Aqua which is amazing for my dry skin
- Mascara – CoverGirl Lash Blast – the best EVER!
- Wax – Veet Precision wax – great for eye brows and upper lip
- Make up brushes – should probably clean those…
- Necklace. This has been in with my make up since I got married four and a half years ago. My earrings were in there too but after loosing one down a sink drain and having hubby have to tear it apart I put them somewhere else
Now that you have seen the depths of my make up bag: What’s in yours?