This recipe today is because sometimes, especially as a parent you just a sweet treat, a dessert that you don’t have to share with the little people that control your life, a single serve dessert. A brownie in a mug the perfect thing for that.
Sometime you might need a little more than a single serve I know, and that would be why I have a number of brownie recipes in our recipe box, such as vanilla, chocolate and such.
A Brownie in a Mug – Single Serve Dessert
*This post contains affiliate links, see my disclosure policy for more information.*
I want to first off say there are two ways to cook these, one way is quick and simple: microwave. The other way is the oven. I have used both methods… loving how quickly it cooks in the microwave, but now being a microwave-less household I use our oven.
Get a microwave or oven safe mug or, I like to use, ramekins.
Mix together the ingredients. Order doesn’t much matter. Mix well.
In the microwave for 30 seconds or until a toothpick comes out clean. If 30 seconds doesn’t do it, put it back in for 10 seconds and recheck.
Bake in oven at 350 for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Delicious! Light, and chocolaty!
- 4 tbsp flour
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix together all ingredients in a ramekin or other oven or microwave safe dish.
- Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Bake in oven at 350 for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Forgetful Momma is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through ForgetfulMomma.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.