Chocolate and coconut. Yum! These chocolate chip coconut bars may have been a little too good, they didn’t last long between my girls and myself.
Chocolate Chip Coconut Bars
*This post contains affiliate links, see my disclosure policy for more information.*
Cream together the eggs, brown and white sugars, and butter. Add in remaining ingredients, expect for the chocolate chips and coconut. Fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
Spread half the mixture in the bottom of a greased 9X13 pan. It might not seem like it is going to cover, but it really will I promise. Spread/sprinkles the remaining chocolate chips over the layer. Sprinkle coconut over the chocolate chip later.
Spread remaining batter/dough over the top. Move slowly, use a silicone spatula to spread it over, carefully, or it will all lift up. But if I can do it, you can too!
Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. It will turn dark golden brown, similar to chocolate chip cookies.
Let cool before cutting and serving.
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 in. pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl cream together well the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add the vanilla.
- Gently stir in the salt, baking soda, baking powder, flour, rolled oats, and 1 cup chocolate chips, just until combined.
- Spread 1/2 of the mixture into the prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top. Carefully press remaining cookie mixture on top of chocolate. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before cutting.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Forgetful Momma is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through ForgetfulMomma.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.