We went to a pig roast recently and there they had some delicious rhubarb bars, they didn’t last long, and I was left wanting a lot more. That started me on my quest to make some and now that I have made these rhubarb dream bars, it may have been a huge mistake…. just ask my aching stomach.
I have only just started eating rhubarb in the last couple years, and I love find some new (to me) things to make with it. Like rhubarb crisp, pie, and jelly. Bonus would be how easy this one is, and you only need five ingredients.
Rhubarb Dream Bars
*This post may contain affiliate links, see my disclosure policy for more information.*
Again, this is super easy to make, I hope you enjoy these rhubarb dream bars as much as I do. Mix together your crust how ever you see fit! I used a fork to mash it together, if making a double batch I would have used my mixer with the paddle attachment. It is going to be flaky and dry, not to worry, don’t add in more butter or any water.
Press it down in your parchment lined 8X8 pan. Using the parchment paper allows you to lift the bars out of the pan for easier cutting and serving (or eating in general, you know, by yourself).
While that is baking mix together the egg, sugar and flour. I like to whisk the eggs and sugar really well, so they start fluffing up before adding in the flour. Right before your base comes out of the oven add the rhubarb to the egg and sugar mixture.
The bottom isn’t going to brown up any, but you’ll see that it has started cooking. While this is still hot pour in the rhubarb mix and return to oven for 45 minutes.
Once it has cooled down, lift out of the pan, cut and serve, or eat, or maybe hide it from your children.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.