I have become a huge fan of meals being ready in 30 minutes or less. This Spanish rice is another great one for the list! I’m adding it to our list of favorite 30 minute meals along with eggroll skillet and skillet mac and beef.
Thanks to this Spanish rice recipe, I can feed my family a great meal, without them getting stuck with cereal, or perhaps goldfish… because that’s never happened before.
Spanish Rice Ready in 30 Minutes
*This post contains affiliate links, see my disclosure policy for more information.*
Brown your ground beef in a skillet with a lid, drain the fat. Add in your diced onions, and seasonings.
Add in your rice, tomato paste, water, and diced tomatoes. Mix well, you don’t want to bit into a clump of tomato paste. Cover for 5 minutes, or until rice is cooked.
Ready in 30 minutes. Making it perfect for those busy nights or maybe like me, those evenings that I forget to make supper for my family.
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup long grain white rice
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp of balasmic vinegar
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook until ground beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef as you cook.
- Add onion, peppers, garlic, ground beef, dry mustard, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Add tomato paste, add canned tomatoes with juice, water, Worcestershire sauce and balasmic vinegar Add in rice.
- Stir, cover and simmer for 5 minutes covered.
- If you are using the cheese, sprinkle on top for last few minutes of cooking time with lid on.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.