I have really taken a liking to skillet meals, for a variety of reasons, one being that they can be ready in 30 minutes. This eggroll skillet is no different. From the time I started browing my ground beef to the time I took it off the burner was no more than 30 minutes, making it perfect for busy days when I have forgot to meal plan.
My reason for loving skillet dinners now aren’t just because I tend to forget to meal plan, but also because they have less clean up like our burrito skillet.
Eggroll Skillet Ready in 30 Minutes
*This post contains affiliate links, see my disclousre policy for more information.*
If you like eggrolls, you are gonna love this! It makes me want to make actual eggrolls too, but since they are too much work, this is the next best thing, and delicious.
Start by browning your ground beef (or pork) with some diced onions over medium-high heat in a deep sided pan with a lid, or a large pot if that’s what you have. While that is browning cut up half a head of cabbage and dice a few carrots. Simple so far, and that’s how it stays.
Once your ground beef (or pork) is cooked, drain fat return to medium-high heat. Add in your cabbage and carrots, cover and let be for about five minutes.
While your cabbage and carrots are steaming mix together your garlic, soy sauce and vinegar.
Once the carrots and cabbage are tender pour the garlic mixture over everything, and mix it well. Let it simmer for a few minutes and then it is ready to be served.This Eggroll Skillet #recipe is delicious and ready in 30 minutes. Click To Tweet
I served our eggroll skillet over a bed of rice but it would be great with pasta or nothing. The kids and I added a little plum sauce to the top of ours as we would with an actually eggroll, but hubby did not.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.