When you want chocolate, and your kids want banana bread, and Hubby is the only one that has any motivation to make something. That is when you get Chocolate Banana Bread. Adding banana to a recipe helps me feel a little better when I’m eat chocolate chip cookies or chocolate chip muffins. Though, my kids tend to eat all the bananas before we get to bake with them.
Chocolate Banana Bread
*This post contains affiliate links, see my disclosure policy for more information.*
Our bananas look gross here, because the only way to hide them from our kids, was to freeze them. We tookthem out to let them thaw though, and then the kids took turns mashing them.
Mix together your dry ingredients in a large bowl, adding your wet ingredients, leavig the peanut butter to last. You are going to just mix in the peanut butter.
Spread the batter into a greased loaf pan. Top with 1/4 cup of granola before baking.
Bake 35-40 minutes at 350 or until inserted toothpick comes clean.
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1.5 Cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup + 1/4 cup chocolate granola
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Combine bananas, egg and milk. In separate bowl, sift flours, cocoa and baking powder. Add dry ingredients to wet and combine thoroughly. Stir in 1/2 cup granola to batter. Stir in peanut butter (I just barely stirred through, so part was incorporated, leaving peanut butter ribbons). Pour into prepared loaf pan (spray or parchment). Top with 1/4 cup granola.
- Bake 35-40 minutes (350) or until inserted toothpick comes clean.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.