I started making these simply because I wanted to make something fun with my kids, and ended up with a great snack for St. Patrick’s Day – Rainbow Cupcakes. Fun colors, simple to make, and fun to make with your kids.
I’ve shared this cake recipe before, a delicious white cake, that you can use, as I do, for cupcakes. This is just a fun little twist on it. It’s fun for kids to add a little twist to the same old thing / recipe sometime, even when it is something as delicious as a cupcake. Another twist I did with cupcakes were the Mickey Mouse cupcakes I made for a birthday.
St. Patrick’s Day – Rainbow Cupcakes
*This post may contain affiliate links, see my disclosure policy for more information.*
In reality, you could use any white cupcake mix, including boxed if you like. I use my recipe to make them from scratch. They are would be white without color so they are perfect for this. Decide how many colors you want, and put those colors in bowls. Evenly divide the batter between your bowls and mix well. The more color you add the more vibrate the colors will be.
I used cupcake liners so that the edges of our cupcakes wouldn’t brown, the bottom did slightly but as no one is going to be looking at the bottoms its ok.
Start filling your liners one color at a time. Just a little of each.
I did some reading about the shapes of cupcakes, and tried it out. Preheat your oven to 400F and cook them for 11 minutes. Test them, you may find your need to let them bake for a few more minutes, or they may be done.
This works to make them look more “perfect” cupcake instead of spilling out over the pan.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup vanilla
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 400.
- Cream together eggs and sugar, mix for a couple minutes.
- Add in butter, vanilla and baking power.
- Add in flour and milk, mix thoroughly.
- Fill 3/4 full and bake for about 11 minutes until the toothpick comes out clean, or a few minutes more.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.