I’m a big fan of skillet meals because they tend to be quick and they have easy clean up. As moms of any kind – stay/work-at-home, working outside the home, homeschooling, etc, quick meals that are easy to clean are the best, this chicken fajita pasta skillet is the best. Not only is it quick and easy to clean up, but you’re getting all the food groups in there too. And for reason, pasta seems to be a huge hit with all kids!
Chicken Fajita Pasta Skillet
*This post may contain affiliate links, see my disclosure policy for more information.*
Once your chicken is just cooked, remove from your skillet. Add a little oil and your sliced peppers, garlic, onions and remaining fajita seasoning and cook until tender, about 2 minutes.
Once your veggies are tender stir in tomatoes, 1 cup of chicken broth, and uncooked pasta. Cover and let it boil gently until pasta is cooked, about 15 minutes.
Once your pasta is cooked, add your chicken back into the skillet and let it heat through.A healthy chicken #fajita in one dish, easy clean up for a busy day. #recipe Click To Tweet
While it’s still hot, serve this chicken fajita pasta with a little shredded cheese of your choice on top.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, towel dried, and cut into bite-size portions
- 3 TB fajita seasoning (homemade or store bought packet), divided in half
- 4 TB olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 bell peppers (any colors) seeded and diced
- 5 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes with juices
- 8 oz dry pasta
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large heavy pan heat 2 tbsp oil over high heat until oil is hot. Add chicken and half the seasoning, tossing to coat well. Spread chicken in a single layer and let cook undisturbed for about 1 min, or until browned on bottom side. Flip chicken over and repeat until both sides are browned. Remove chicken to a large bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tbsp oil to the pan over high heat. Once oil is hot, add the onions, bell peppers, and garlic, along with remaining half of seasoning. Stir well to coat; stir often and cook until veggies are tender, 2 min.
- Add broth, tomatoes with all its juices, and dry pasta to the same pan. Bring liquid to a boil and immediately reduce to a low boil. Cover and let cook for 15 min. until pasta is cooked. Liquid should be mostly absorbed. When pasta is cooked, add the chicken back to the same pan. Add freshly ground black pepper to taste. Stir to combine and heat through.
Similar posts that you may be interested in:
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.