You all know that I love simple meals that taste amazing, and this is a new favorite! A beef burrito skillet, no rolling them up, arranging them in a pan to bake. This is a one skillet meal, saving you time and clean up time.
We all really like burritos, but I don’t care for them through the week because I don’t want to work for it. I don’t want to wait for them to bake. I like simple. I like fast. I love easy clean up. So that’s what this is.
Beef Burrito Skillet
*This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy for more information.*
Start by brown your ground beef, and cooking with your onions.
One your beef is cooked, drain off any and all fat, I rinse my ground beef under hot water to get any last grease off it. Put your skillet back on the burner (with your ground beef) and add in a cup of water, a jar of salsa, a can of beans, and your taco seasoning, we use our homemade seasoning.
You are also going to add sliced tortilla shells.
Cook on medium high heat until liquid is gone, about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat, top with shredded cheddar cheese, sprinkle sliced green onions over the top.
Serve it hot. Add a spoon full of sour cream to your serving if you choose. Enjoy your easy to make and easy to clean up, burrito skillet meal.
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar of salsa
- 1 can of beans
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 4 large tortilla shells
- sour cream - optional
- Brown your ground beef, cook your onions.
- Rinse all fat from your ground beef.
- Add salsa, beans, water, taco seasoning, and beans to the skillet (with ground beef). Mix well, add in your sliced tortillas.
- Once liquid is gone, about 5 minutes, remove from heat.
- Top with cheese, sprinkle green onion over the top. The cheese will melt quickly.
- Serve hot, with a spoon full of sour cream if you desire.