I have been making these chocolate brownies since I started baking on my own. I grabbed the recipe when I moved out on my own an still make them. I’ve never been one for buying mixes from a store or anywhere else.
The icing I use, is amazing. It is just perfect.
*This post may contain affiliate links. For more information see my disclosure policy.*
I made these chocolate brownies just the other day when a chocolate craving hit. I had no chocolate stashed in my house, what kind of woman with three kids doesn’t have chocolate stashed somewhere? Probably one (like me) who has willpower issues.
Grab your mixer, use your whisk attachment, and toss in your eggs and sugar to mix for a minute. Add in your butter, mix for a minute.
Add in the remaining ingredients and, of course, mix. Pour the batter into a greased 9X9 pan. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
Do you see just how great that edge looks. That is my favorite part of the brownie, and I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels that way.
While letting your brownies cool, make up your icing. This icing is my favorite, I don’t like canned, but I suck at making my own usually. This recipe though is rather fool-proof – this fool can make it!This fudge chocolate brownie #recipe is made from scratch and taste like heaven! Click To Tweet
That is honey you see above on the cocoa, I swear that that is the reason I love this recipe.
I also have to love that I can pour this over my brownies, and it will harden a bit, it will not drip off when you’re trying to eat them.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp softened butter
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp warm water
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Mix together your eggs and sugar for a minute - they'll be getting fluffy.
- Add in your butter. And then the rest of your ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 9X9 pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Mix together all but the water. Add the water slowly until you get the texture/consistency you want.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.