In the mood something different, but simple for supper tonight? This honey lemon spaghetti is it. It’s not the normal tomato sauce spaghetti, but something sweeter, smoother, tastier.
I’ve mentioned a time or two that I love lemon flavored just about anything. I love lemon cookies, and lemon brownies, I love hot honey lemon water, especially when sick. This spaghetti is the perfect meal for an evening when you don’t want to cook a big meal. It takes no time to make, but makes spaghetti night special.
Honey Lemon Spaghetti with Chicken
Cook pasta according to the package instructions.
Pour the tablespoon of oil into the bottom of a large skillet, add chicken. Cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes flip, cook until about 90% cooked.
Mix together the honey, 2 tablespoons of oil, lemon juice, vinegar, and optional thyme in a mixing bowl.
Once chicken is 90% cooked turn heat down to low, add in the honey lemon sauce. Stir in pasta and combine.
Once combined cover for a few minutes to let flavors combine. Serve hot.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for sauce + 1 tablespoon for cooking chicken
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- leaves from 2 or 3 sprigs of lemon thyme, optional and to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into bite-sized pieces
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions.
- Pour the tablespoon of oil into the bottom of a large skillet, add chicken. Cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes flip, cook until about 90% cooked.
- Mix together the honey, 2 tablespoons of oil, lemon juice, vinegar, and optional thyme in a mixing bowl.
- Once chicken is 90% cooked turn heat down to low, add in sauce. Stir in pasta and combine.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.