Steak sauce. I love me some steak sauce people. While I love steak, well done, steak sauce is just the perfect touch, an extra boost of flavor. Homemade Steak sauce is just that much better. This recipe is simple, and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients.
For Father’s Day I choose to make my slow cooker Bacon and Cheese Chicken. One of the ingredients is steak sauce, and because I don’t usually have it on and I made some.
Homemade Steak Sauce
It’s super simple. Dump everything in a small pot, heat to boiling, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until it has thickened up. It takes about 10-15 minutes.
Wait until it has cooled then transfer to a jar or container for storing in the fridge.
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Dump everything in a small pot, heat to boiling, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until it has thickened up. It takes about 10-15 minutes.
- Wait until it has cooled then transfer to a jar or container for storing in the fridge.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Gina from Moneywise Moms (Blog)**
**Amanda from The Mommy Mix (Blog)**
**Audrey from That Recipe (Blog)**
**Dina from Savvy in the Kitchen**
**Ashley from Forgetful Momma (Blog)**
**Maria from Maria Magdalena Living Ideas (Blog)**
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.