These Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas are healthy and tasty, and as the days get longer and warmer we’re spending more time outside and I’m looking to spend less time cooking, and less time with the oven and stove off. Keeping the heat out of the house, the slow cooker is the perfect solution.Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas perfect for warm days, eating in or taking out in the backyard.… Click To Tweet
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
My favorite part of this meal is the colors of my peppers, and peppers in general. I love them. Slice them to the size perfect for your family. For hubby and I sliced like this is good, but I also sliced these through the middle for my kids.
Pour some tomato over the bottom of your slow cooker, layer some peppers over the tomato and top with your chicken breasts. Season the tops of your chicken.
Add remaining tomato and peppers. Cook on low for 6-7 hours. Shred or slice your chicken.
Remove 1- 1 -1/2 cups of the liquid, the juice from the tomato and peppers cooking. Mix together the lime juice and honey, then add to your slow cooker. Put your chicken back in. Mix carefully then serve how you’d like.
Chicken Fajitas are great on warm tortilla shells. But its also great the next day if you have left overs but run out of shells served over rice or pasta.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 red, orange and green bell pepper
- 1 large yellow onion, halved and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Pour half of the canned tomatoes into the bottom of a slow cooker and spread into an even layer. Top with half of the peppers and half of the onions. Sprinkle garlic in. Top with chicken breasts.
- In a bowl whisk together chili powder, cumin, paprika, coriander, salt and pepper. Evenly sprinkle the seasoning over chicken breasts. Top with remaining tomatoes, then layer in remaining peppers and onions.
- Cover and cook on low heat 6 - 7 hours, until chicken has cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Remove chicken, and cut into strips, or shred. Ladle out 1 - 1 1/2 cups of the broth in slow cooker (mostly tomato liquid) and discard. In a small bowl whisk together lime juice and honey and add to slow cooker along with chicken and season with additional salt to taste if desired. Gently toss.
Similar posts that you may be interested in:
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Danielle from Creatively Homespun (Blog)**
**Ashley from Forgetful Momma (Blog)**
**Audrey from That Recipe (Blog)**
**Dina from Savvy in the Kitchen**
**Maria from Maria Magdalena Living Ideas (Blog)**
- If you would like to be a co-host for this party, please email Tammy at email@example.com. You would post this party every Tuesday at 7 am Central Time and include an original recipe, a round-up of recipes, or your favorite features from this party along with the link-up. We also may need your help pinning up to 25 recipes to our party board every week.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.