Do you have those days where you just don’t know what to make, what to do with the package of ground beef you took out of the freezer? Here’s an idea: Poor Man’s Stew. I make this a couple times a year, just because I forget about it. My recipe box is my recipe box and where I go to get my meal ideas too.
I figured maybe if I share it with you all, I’ll remember to make it more often. If you you’re looking for a cheap meal, this is it, it’s all there in the title: Poor Man’s Stew…This #slowcooker meal ideal for the ground beef you don't know what to do with, and #frugal too. Click To Tweet
Poor Man’s Stew
*This post may contain affiliate links. You can learn more about them in my disclosure policy.*
Start by browning your ground beef, the smaller it is the better. While your ground beef is browning start chopping up carrots and potatoes into bite sized pieces, and dice an onion.
Drain and rinse the grease off the ground beef.
Dumb it all in your slow cooker. Add in a small can of tomato paste, two cups of beef broth, and seasonings.
Mix together, and slow cook on low for 6-8 hours.
I hope you enjoy Poor Man’s Stew as much as we do.
- 1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
- 1.5 lbs potatoes, diced large
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Add the cooked ground beef, potatoes, carrots, onions, and garlic to a 5-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Pour in tomato paste, brother, add in seasonings, mix together.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
This Tasty Tuesday linky has ended. Please join us again on this week’s!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Danielle from Creatively Homespun (Blog)**
**Ashley from Forgetful Momma (Blog)**
**Audrey from That Recipe (Blog)**
**Dina from Savvy in the Kitchen**
**Maria from Maria Magdalena Living Ideas (Blog)**
- If you would like to be a co-host for this party, please email Tammy at email@example.com. You would post this party every Tuesday at 7 am Central Time and include an original recipe, a round-up of recipes, or your favorite features from this party along with the link-up. We also may need your help pinning up to 25 recipes to our party board every week.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Linkies for Tasty Tuesdays:
The linky script will go live on Sunday morning at 5 am CDT so that you can add your posts first; however, don’t have your post go live until 7 am CST Tuesday morning. The linky will be closed Friday night at 11:55 p.m.