The other day I bought chicken nuggets. For the first time Gauge had chicken nuggets. I’m not sure if that makes me a bad mom or a good mom, but either way, he loved them. Since he loved them, I made some homemade shake and bake chicken strips.
Really simple to make. And you don’t need to make chicken nuggets or strips, you can do chicken breast the same way. I chose to cut my chicken into strips simply because Gauge is more likely to eat finger foods.
Shake and Bake Chicken
All you need is bread crumbs, I used plain. Onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, parsley, oregano, basil, sugar, and salt and pepper to taste. Thrown into a bowl or ziploc bag to completely mix it.
You only need a cup of this for 4-6 chicken breast, maybe even more. Divide into 3. You can freeze the remaining for later use.
With a third in a ziploc bag, toss your chicken round until completely coated.
Bake in a pre-heated oven at 425. Chicken strips or nuggets for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Chicken breasts 20-25 minutes until cooked through.
You don’t have to make shake and bake chicken, you could use pork chops as well.
- 3 cups of bread crumbs
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix everything together in a ziploc bag or bowl. Divide into 3. You can freeze the remaining for later use.
- With a third in a ziploc bag, toss your chicken round until completely coated.
- Bake at 425 for:
- chicken nuggets: 15-20 minutes
- chicken breast: 20-25
- Or until completely cooked.
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Tammy from Creative K Kids (Blog)**
**Danielle from Creatively Homespun (Blog)**
**Ashley from Forgetful Momma (Blog)**
**Audrey from That Recipe (Blog)**
**Dina from Savvy in the Kitchen**
**Maria from Maria Magdalena Living Ideas (Blog)**
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
- If you would like to be a co-host for this party, please email Tammy at firstname.lastname@example.org. You would post this party every Tuesday at 7 am Central Time and include an original recipe, a round-up of recipes, or your favorite features from this party along with the link-up. We also may need your help pinning up to 25 recipes to our party board every week.