You don’t have to pinch pennies, have no fun, and/or have nothing to be frugal. You just have to smart about it. I won’t lie: we like to spend, I also really like to see the amount money in my account growing. Hard work and determination can make that happen.
Shop responsibly and plan accordingly and you can easily save money.
- buy from vending machines
- buy from convince stores or gas stations
- use coupons just to keep them from expiring
- let produce go bad
- drink from your local cafe (ie/ Tim Horton’s or Starbucks) This one is a big saver for us, we love Tim’s!
- check out the flyers/sale for the stores you shop at
- use/eat leftovers
- meal plan or at least know what you already have
- stick to your shopping list – don’t buy extras
Consider whether or not your cable or satellite bill is worth it. We use Netflix, and that’s all we have. There are seasonal shows that we sure do miss, or shows that I can’t wait for Netflix to update, for us, it’s not worth it.
Do I need new flip flops right now, just because Walmart has them on sale? Nope. Sure would like them, but I’d rather save some money for a down payment on a house instead.
Maybe your not saving for a house, but just wanting to put some extra cash aside for Christmas. A trip. You can save or anything.
How do you save money?