Last night I had no idea what to make for supper. All I knew was that I wanted chicken and broccoli, but there is no surprise there. Pinterest is my go to for recipe ideas. There are so many different options on there for chicken and broccoli from using the slow cooker, to casseroles, to skillets. And that’s what I ended up making, a pasta skillet. I didn’t follow any particular recipe, just looked at a bunch and picked things I liked from them.
This was a simple throw together meal, perfect for last minute meals.
- 2 medium boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 12oz frozen or fresh broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 (16oz) box of pasta
- 1 can of cream of chicken condensed soup or one mix of my homemade cream of soup
- ½ cup shredded cheese, mozzerella
- salt and pepper, to taste
Cook pasta according to the package directions.
While pasta is cooking, brown chicken in hot skillet with EVOO. Once cooked through remove from heat and dice.
Once pasta is cooked remove from water and add to skillet with diced chicken. In the hot water from your pasta, throw in your broccoli, just to make it just tender.
Once broccoli is tender, add it to the skillet, along with the cream of soup, mix well.
Top with shredded cheese and then broil on HIGH for 5 – 10 minutes until the cheese melts and just starts to brown.
Ashley from Forgetful Momma is joining Audrey from That Recipe to be our co-hosts for March! Please make sure that you follow them in at least one way! They will be commenting on and pinning many of your posts.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party! Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.