Spring has been in the air! The temperatures here have been above freezing and in Southeast Saskatchewan in March, that’s awesome! We could still get more snow, just so I don’t jinx it… we actually did wake up to half an inch yesterday morning, but it melted away quickly and some more went with it.
In honor of the lovely weather we’ve been having here is a delicious strawberry cobbler to finish your meal off tonight.
Let’s get started!
*This post may contain affiliate links. You can learn more about them in my disclosure policy.*
Cut up the strawberries and set them in a bowl. Toss the berries with 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla and lemon juice. Set the berries aside.
In a small mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar. Stir in the milk, vanilla, and melted butter just until mixed. It’s okay if you have a couple lumps in the batter.
Then blop the strawberries on top of the batter. Pour any juice over it too.
Bake for 35 – 40 minutes, until the middle is completely cooked though.
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, diced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Spray a 9-inch casserole or equivalent-sized oven safe dish with cooking spray.
- Cut up the strawberries and set them in a bowl. Toss the berries with 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla and lemon juice. Set the berries aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar. Stir in the milk, vanilla, and melted butter just until mixed. It's okay if you have a couple lumps in the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and plop the strawberries on top.
- Bake at 375 for 35 - 40 minutes or until the cobbler is golden brown on top and nicely cooked in the middle.
Ashley from Forgetful Momma is joining Audrey from That Recipe to be our co-hosts for March! Please make sure that you follow them in at least one way! They will be commenting on and pinning many of your posts.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party! Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.