2015 is here and while it has been a bumpy road already, and we’re only 8 days into, I plan on making this year more organized, more focused, just more.
I recently tweeted my love for a few different things. One being Evernote (where I original wrote this… while watching my 5 year old at gymnastics). I have Evernote on my cell, tablet, and laptop. Whatever I write on one syncs to the others. Writing down blog posts on the go is so much easier, my mommy brain has met its match. Now there is also a download to my chrome toolbar so I can clip webpages to read later, and on the go.
Another love I tweeted out was ByRegina. This girl is helping me get/keep my blog organized and up to date. She has printables, tips and tricks.
Now. I shared my Evernote love, but I am a paper person, through and through, visual and in hand. I like hard copies (with my digital backups) but they tend to get lost, ripped and tossed. Enter my (new) life binder. I had a nice large binder and page dividers in storage as in the mist of packing, I unpacked these. I have been collecting the things to go in it through my Pinterest time suck.
I plan on having different sections in it, one binder for everything: home, blog Austin’s school papers, etc.
So far I have 3 different sections:
- Blog Goals
- Daily, weekly, monthly to do (ByRegina)
- Monthly statistic tracker
- Password cheat sheet – for my many contributing sign ins, social media sites, etc
- Sponsor/Giveaway sheets to keep it all straight
- Blog business plan
I also have the Content Brew handouts printed out, while in the same section overall, separated by a page divider
- Year calendar
- Contact information, teacher’s name, etc
- Other information that comes home such as the Show n’ Share schedule
- I have our bills broken down into the weeks that I pay each, including automatic payments. My husband wouldn’t have a clue what bill to pay when if something happened to me
- Contact number for services we have – phone, internet, etc
- Contact numbers for our doctor, dentist, optometrists, etc
- Our health insurance information
- Insurance police for the house in NS
I found some self lamenting pages at Walmart for creating reusable / wipe-able pages with a dry-ease marker. I printed off Food Tracker to track my food, exercise and water intake (in a similar fashion as Weight Watchers).
Bills that come go in the back pocket until they are paid. Along with any other odds.
You can check out all of these links, and a few more on my Pinterest board Organization.