Summer weather is just about here. We’re still getting a rainy day here and there that goes along with spring, but the temperatures are definitely up there. This year we’re living in a …good little city I guess we’ll call it. Better than where we were last year where the public pool didn’t open until August 1st, and closed September 1st.
I know we’ll be hitting the splash pad and wadding pool a LOT. The girls loved it the few times that we managed to get there last year. It’ll be nice to see Gauge’s reaction this year. Plus, its free, which is always the right price. This year my survival kit for summer with three kiddos of my own plus the girl I watch a few days a week.
- water – a bucket of water and a shovel or spoon will entertain my kids for hours! The water will be everywhere, but that’s why they are outside. They get wet and cool off a bit that way, clean the deck, and the patio furniture all at the same time. Win win.
- chalk – I bought a box of chalk on clearance years ago and this year I finally will have to buy more. Chalk is another hour or more long activity at our house. Drawing pictures, hop scotches, trying to
killcolor ants and other bugs. We also make chalk paint with cornstarch, water and food color.
- dirt/sand – they are just starting to make mud pies, cakes, soups and all those other “good” mud creations. Add water and let the fun and mess begin
- bubbles – we love bubbles. All five of us. Hubby and I will blow them and the kids chase them, and poor Gauge is stuck in one place wondering what is going on.
- blanket – ahh the wonders that a blanket holds. Its a picnic blanket and a fort building blanket, a cuddle up and watch a movie blanket, or sit around the fire blanket.
- access to pool – whether it’s a kiddie pool, an above or in ground pool or the public pool. We’ll be getting a kiddie pool, again, they never last longer than a year here, the wadding pool and splash pad, and I’m thinking about getting a membership to the large one as well.