I love food that is
kinda healthy but looks completely bad for you. Because brownies or bars are bad for you. But Peanut Butter and Jam Bars are sorta good for you, everything a BP & J sandwich has, plus you know a bit extra sugar, and we could all stand to be a little sweeter. 😉 We all love these, Hubby included.
I came across a recipe similar to this a while ago. I scribbled down the recipe but never got around to making them. Recently I came across my scrap of paper, only I edited it to fit my wants for a lack of a better word.
I had started out making these alone, but, a cutie joined me as she has been feeling slightly left out with her sister having a friend over a couple days a week.
Cut, serve and enjoy.
It is 10:30 at night but I want to go into the kitchen and make this, right now.
Update: I made these with No Name Chocolate Hazelnut spread. It is so much better than Nutella (which I don’t like) and cheaper too!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups peanut butter
- 3/4 cup jam - your flavor choice - or chocolate hazelnut spread
- Mix together the eggs, butter, sugar and vanilla, until creamy.
- Add baking powder.
- Beat in flour and peanut butter.
- Spray the pan with cooking spray.
- Spread 3/4 of the mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 9 pan, leaving a raised edge to keep the jam in.
- Spread jam evenly over the peanut butter.
- With your hands crumble the remaining peanut butter mixture over the jam.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 350 for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
You might also be interested in:
Simple, tasty peanut butter donuts, perfect for dipping in a bit of jam.
These apple peanut butter wraps are so simple to make your child could do it, with a little help.
I happen to like these Peanut Butter and Jam muffins for picnics or on the go. Filling and delicious.