Oh my goodness this was … words can’t describe. Delicious chocolate, creamy taste of peanut butter, simple and ready for the end of your meal. This is going to be part of our late Valentine’s day supper. Brookland, no word a lie, licked her plate! While we laughed, I know I thought about it and Blake was quick to get another piece for himself. Slow cooker dessert at its finest.
First things first. Either wipe down your slow cooker with butter or oil or use non-stick spray. You don’t want to have to scrape pieces out of your pot.
Don’t worry if it seems like you don’t have enough batter for the size of your slow cooker. Mine was spread quite thin, and as you can see in the picture above there are spaces without batter. Once it is done, you’d never know.
I apologize for the picture quality here, I took 20 pictures before my family was ready to hit me over the head to get their dessert. The lighting was just horrible in our kitchen.
This was definitely lick you plate, get more, get till you are stuffed good cake!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk or chocolate milk
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup peanut butter pieces
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1 1/2 cup boiling water
- Mix the flour, 1/3 cup of sugar, 2 tbsp cocoa, baking powder, milk, oil and vanilla together in a bowl. Add the chocolate and peanut butter chips, and nut if wanted to the above batter.
- Spread it in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- In another bowl, mix together the remaining sugar, cocoa and water. Then carefully pour over the batter.
- Cook on high for 2-2 1/2 hours. Let stand for about 30 minutes before serving.
Do you have a favorite slow cooker recipe? Have you ever tried making a dessert in yous?
Valentine’s Day is almost here. Since I will be spending it with my kiddos since hubby is away working, we’ll be having our Valentine’s Day supper on Friday. Bacon and cheese chicken, with a side of rice and some veggie will be our main course with this for dessert.