On March 7, I made the switch to WordPress. I am no good with HTML or technology in general, I often turn to Hubby to help with things, but in the land blogging, he can’t help and I am often left to figure things out on my own through trial and error. I felt I knew how to use Blogger so why mess with a good thing. For some reason one morning Hubby told me he was getting me on WordPress, then set and did it.
Do I like WordPress: Yes. Did I like Blogger: Yes.
Since I have been using WordPress for the last month I thought I’d share my thought and feelings since making the switch.
- It feels more mine, if that makes any sense at all. I decide how I want things and have control over everything
- You can have ads
- I am now self-hosted through HostGator, again there’s that since of mine
- I am finding more help for questions I have using WordPress, I had trouble finding answers using Blogger
- Unbelievable amount of spam comments! (I have a dded a plug-in which has helped so much)
- The relearning of how to do things.
- Making it all my own, finding the little things that have slipped by me without realizing it
- Self hosted (I know on the pro list too), which cost money
- Loss of followers
Would I do it again? YES! Maybe not a couple days before my daughter’s birthday though, as it was a bit busy here.
I’m happy that I made the switch. I feel however that I have lost followers not being on Blogger and not using GFC, and I miss any I may have lost. But with Google getting rid of GFC we figured this was as good a time to switch as any.
I’m not going to write every little thing I love and hate here. If you have a question about my switch feel free to ask. 🙂